Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Misunderstood :(

MisunderstoodSomeone in the class had yelled and our new biology teacher came straight to the last bench where I was seated and shouted at me and made me to stand up and gave two sticks on my hand. Though the pain in the hand went away the pain in the heart refused to go – it hurt because I was misunderstood. I could not do well in Biology until that teacher understood that I didn’t do that, which happened within a few days.

My name had appeared in the very first college selection list and was called for admission and to pay the fee. A wrangle at home between my parents wasted and delayed my time and I arrived late at the Physics HOD’s office. I waited and waited and waited. Finally when my name was called was when I knew that my name was called several times earlier. “How dare that you are late on the day of admission. If you could behave like this today I know how would you behave later on. I am your HOD and I do not tolerate this. I will keep an eye on you and your performance” shouted the HIOD at me. That was my last day in that college, because it hurt me that I was misunderstood.

I joined another college and just before the first semester exams I was called to the VP’s office for not paying the semester fee. I stood there in the VP’s office head bowed down with a few other students. The VP shouted at everyone and looking at me, “Your parents give you money to pay the college fees and you roam with your friends, go to the cinema and spend that money and don’t pay the fee. I know about you people.” It hurt me very badly. Because I was misunderstood. Adding onto that a few other similar incidents happened and I quit college in a few weeks time.

Every misunderstanding causes hurts and ramifications that are sometimes irreparable. But who is the loser? The one who carries the hurt within himself or herself. In the above cases it was me who was carrying those hurts which only led to further damage. Here I am going to share some truths that I learnt on “misunderstandings”.

  • I should not personalize general prejudices of people and take it as a personal misunderstanding.
  • There are also chances of me misunderstanding that he or she has misunderstood me! Never give up on people and always give others a fresh start. And if you know or feel that someone misunderstood you, smile at them.
  • It is better to resolve with the person, in person than to harbour hurts or resentment.
  • Even if misunderstood personally, I need to allow God to work His ways out and allow patience to rule me and I should not decide incited by the incident. God uses such misunderstandings to shape us up and to mould us.
  • I should not misunderstand others and giving no room to prejudices should always try to put myself in the other person’s shoes.

So let’s not be masked or motivated by misunderstandings, but allow God to mould us and make us mature.

Don’t jump to conclusions—there may be a perfectly good explanation for what you just saw.” (Proverbs 28:8 MSG)

Argue your cause with your neighbour himself; discover not and disclose not another’s secret” (Proverbs 25:9 AMP)

“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28 NKJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment